When you build a custom home in Johnson County KS, there are so many options to consider. Layout, design, style, and all the features and finishes can feel like an overwhelming task. There are, however, some features that most people choose to add to their home that will benefit them throughout the life of the home. Here are a few of our top choices:
- Custom Shelving. Custom shelves are built to hold whatever you desire, like items from travel, pictures of your family, books, or collections. Building a beautiful customized shelving uint makes a room feel comfortable and gives it a focal point according to many leading home builders in Johnson County KS, like Cal Construction.
- Tall Ceilings. These are quite common in newer homes, but you can adjust the height based on your preference when building a custom home. Tall ceilings can create drama in a room that otherwise would feel much smaller and plain.
- A Mudroom. This is an extremely popular feature for many homes, especially for those with children. Having space for people to come in the door, organize shoes, backpacks, coats, lunch boxes, and many other things that you need is a key to staying organized. When you build a custom home in Johnson County KS, you can custom build an organizer that fits every member of your family.
- Under Cabinet Lighting. Talk about a wonderful custom feature that is becoming popular because it not only makes a space look fantastic, it is functional too. Not only can you showcase fine china, but under cabinet lighting is also a safety feature for night roaming as well. Getting up to get a glass of water in the middle of the night no longer requires turning on all the lights.
- Heated floors. When walking across a cold floor in the kitchen or bathroom on a cold winter night, you will understand the luxury that heated floors bring. Not only do they warm up the whole space, but it provides a cozy step out of the shower or bath.
- Sprinkler System. If you have ever had to struggle with hoses and sprayers and constantly adjusting them, you will understand how awesome a built-in sprinkler system is. When you are building a custom home in Johnson County KS, you will most likely have new sod, trees, bushes, and plants as well. Having a system that can keep up with the watering needed to keep them alive during a critical period is essential.
- Central Vacuum. A central vacuum is a feature that is nice to have, as it eliminates the need to carry around a bulky vacuum which requires plugging it in and out constantly. Having dirt swept into the wall container in a blink of an eye will prove to save you both time and frustration over the life of the home.
Cal Construction, one of the premier home builders in Johnson County KS, understands that when you build a custom home in Johnson County KS, there are many features you need to consider to make it your dream home. We will work with you to make sure your dream becomes a reality. Give us a call at (913) 237-0426 or visit our website to get a quote.