Are you interested in building a custom home in Johnson County, KS? Choosing to build a custom home allows you to build a home with lower maintenance costs and environmentally friendly features. It also means that when you build your home in Johnson County, KS, you can choose the design and features you want and leave out anything you don’t.
If you aren’t very familiar with the latest in environmentally friendly home design, we have included a short list of features the best general contractors in Johnson County, KS can include in your new custom home.
- Sustainable Building Materials. You can choose from recycled steel, reclaimed wood, Insulated Concrete Forms (ICFs), bamboo flooring, and more.
- Environmentally Friendly Energy Sources. One of the most accessible forms of renewable energy for your home is from solar panels, which produce electricity, but you can also install a solar-powered water heater, a heat pump, or even a wind turbine.
- Energy-efficient appliances. Ask about variable speed furnaces, tankless water heaters, multi-zone HVAC systems, and smart thermostats.
- High-efficiency insulation for your attic or roof and walls. Better insulation means less heat lost in the winter and conserving more air-conditioned air in the summer. Check out closed cell spray foam insulation.
- Install energy-efficient double or triple glazed windows. One of the biggest problems for efficient home insulation is heat transfer through windows. The latest window technology includes double and triple pane windows filled with non-toxic, inert gases such as argon, krypton, or xenon.
- Design for natural and energy-efficient lighting. Because window technology has advanced, it is now practical––not to mention aesthetically pleasing––to install large windows and use the sun to illuminate your house during the day.
- Zero VOC paints. The days of toxic paints inside your home are over. You can now choose quality low or zero VOC paints for your home.
- Gray water irrigation systems. Several different rainwater collection and household gray water systems are available to maximize your water use at home.
Everything in the list above can be integrated into new home construction more easily and efficiently than when remodeling an older home. Contact CAL Construction, a leading Johnson County, KS luxury custom home builder, for more information.
If you are ready to begin building a custom home in Johnson County, KS, our team is ready to assist.
CAL Construction – The Premier Johnson County, KS Luxury Home Builder
CAL Construction is a trusted Johnson and Miami County KS general contractor specializing in building custom homes. We can create almost anything you dream up, no matter how big or small.
We understand there are many factors to consider when you build your home. That’s why we offer a wide range of materials and custom options to make your new home as luxurious, eco-friendly, and unique as you want.
Making your dream home a reality is what we do, so call us today at (913) 237-0426 or visit our website to get a free quote on your next project.
Give us a chance, and you’ll find that we are the hardest-working home building contractor in Johnson County, KS.